My Philpost Experience 2017

My PHILPOST Experience 2017


Hello everyone! You might probably be in a really stressful situation now having no idea as to where your package might be. I too experienced the same feeling of sleepless nights and countless typing and searching for websites like track and trace, trackingmore.com, wheremy.com, etc. (name it! I’ve reached page 15 of Google searching for more reliable online tracking websites!) This is due to the unreliability of Philpost when it comes to updating their online tracker. Yes, they introduced the trace and track tool but…… to what extent do customers need to refresh, wait, check, wait, and wait without knowing if they are still waiting for something… sigh ***

So here’s my story…
I received a nomination letter from Manitoba Canada under Provincial Nominee Program last May 24, 2017. My nomination will expire on November 24, 2017. I need to submit a complete application package to one of the two addresses they have provided before my nomination expires. One is for regular mail; the other is for a courier address.
Since this was my first time to send a package to Canada and I was a bit of an OC when it comes to following all the requirements, I opted to send my application via Philpost (Binangonan Post Office). Why? Because in my letter from Canada, under the Mailing Process, it was clearly stated that I need to “Attach Enough Postage”. At first, I went to LBC (a courier service) and asked them if they do sell postage. They said, they don’t and they redirected me to the post office. I was a bit hesitant because I know that via courier would be much faster and more reliable. However, the instruction “Attach enough postage” got stuck on my mind. To make the long story short, I completed the required document and finally chose Philpost.

Here are the steps:
1.    They will get your packaged weighed and will attach the postage (ugh! Only if I know that courier services really don’t have postage and it is okay!)
2.    They will write it down manually in their logbook, yes manually.
3.    You need to pay the total amount. I paid an extra fee for the registered mail service so that I could have the tracking number and signature. (I advise you to do the same)
4.    They will wrap your package with a Philpost tape and stick some Philpost stickers.
5.    The Post Master just threw my package inside a plastic orocan basket? My eyes popped out because I was really careful with those documents then she just threw it to the basket like a sort of laundry. L
6.    The Post Master will give you the tracking number receipt. (A very small piece of paper with a tracking number sticker, format is like this RR080953184PH)
7.    The Post Master said it will arrive in 2-3 weeks. (Fine with me since my nomination will expire in November)

After a week of sending my package, I didn’t bother to check and track it online. 2 weeks have passed and I started to wonder whether my documents got to the destination safely.

I checked it online via http://tnt.phlpost.gov.ph/index/, philpost track and trace. 2 weeks have passed and yet my status was stuck at “Prepare dispatch to destination country” July 15th.




My horror story started…….

I started to worry and I got really stressed to the point that I just spent my whole day tracking my package even until 3am in the morning. I also started to search for other tracking websites but all of these sites just gave me the same status. However, this one is more detailed https://wheremy.com/.

I also tried calling all their hotline numbers; ALL THEIR DEAD hotline numbers. I also tried sending bunch of emails to these email addresses: amed.supportservices@phlpost.gov.ph amed@phlpost.gov.ph  customercare@phlpost.gov.ph ems.cs@phlpost.gov.ph

At first, I got responses from 2 email addresses but none of them helped me track my package; just a canned reply with a spiel and format.


During this period, I was just really thinking about my package; every day and every night 24/7 a week. Because the Canadian Immigration should receive it by August since it will take them 2-3 months before they start to open and process my application. I just discovered that while reading blogs regarding the application for permanent residency. So, it means that… even though your nomination will expire in November, the Immigration should receive it 2-3 months before the expiration since it will take them 2-3 months before they finally open it. Take note: They might receive it but they might not open it and start.

I really couldn’t eat and focus during these times. I kept on sending messages to my mother, my sister (who is my sponsor) and kept on asking people what should I do. The thing is, I’ll be assigned to China for 2-3 months (Aug-Nov) for my job. I want to have an assurance at least before I leave that Philpost was able to deliver my package safely to its destination.

August 8, 2017

Almost 1 month after I sent my package to our local office, I still get the same status on their online tracker. Still no update. July 15th “Prepare dispatch to destination country”.

What the hell is going on? Not even the status “Dispatched to destination country” but with the word “Prepare…” Were they still sorting my package and just in stuck in Manila Exchange Center? Was my package still in the Philippines after a month?” I had no idea. All I know was that I will never trust Philpost again with my important documents.

I sent another inquiry again asking the latest status of my package, but again…. No reply.

Because of the unreliability, poor, inhumane service of Philpost, I have decided to just send a 2nd complete application via courier instead which will only take 2-3 days. However, another problem arose. My sister, who is my sponsor, told me that sending a 2nd complete application might ruin the whole application process since there could be a possibility that they already received the documents sent via Philpost or they might still receive it but just delayed. So… ladies and gentlemen, I am stuck with nothing but a hope that Philpost could give me an assurance or just an update if they had delivered my package to Canadian Immigration. I had no other means to contact them but just through landlines (dead landlines) and email (half-dead email addresses). L

Meanwhile, while having a hard time deciding on whether I should just really send another complete application, I started to read some blogs and hooray!!!, I stumbled upon a blog posted by someone. (I deeply thank you J)

She shared her experience with Philpost, almost same situation with me. She kept on waiting but hers was from abroad sent to the Philippines. But just like her, she kept on waiting even for 5 months for her package to arrive. To cut it short, she mentioned how she emailed the Post Master General of Philpost. Take note: the blog was 2 years ago, 2015.

I dug down the comments section hoping I could get a glimpse of the Post Master General email address. And YES! She mentioned the email address but with some sort of a coding to protect the email address from some anonymous-cyber-hacking users.

Long story short, I wrote a 2-page novel pointing out my concerns and really showing how desperate I was regarding the status of my package. I didn’t care if the email address was already inactive since it was 2 years ago and didn’t care if the sound of my email was too way informal and kinda begging. I sent my email at around 3:30am hoping that once I open my eyes and check my email the next day there would be a glorious miracle reply. Imagine, I was still awake that time. L Sleepless nights indeed… **sigh**

August 9, 2017

10am. I checked my email. And….tada!!!!! I found.. 3 replies!!!! The Post Master General and CEO office replied to my email and not just they replied but they Cc all the supportservices’ email addresses (those half-dead email addresses were now alive!!!! They were born-again!!!!) I was really thankful for the fact that they read my email and was making an action!

Here’s a glimpse of my email…just the first 4 paragraphs, I’m telling you it was loooong…

  

Here’s the reply after 7 hours:




Here’s the reply from amed support services which the General CEO CC:

 




I was really thankful that finally, someone holds the responsibility of tracking my allegedly long lost package….
The last email I received from amed support service gave me at least an assurance that my package did leave the country and was dispatched to the destination country.

Here’s the third email:



The email also contains attachments which show the flight date of my package. Based on the file, it was delivered via flight JL 0746/ JL 0018 on July 17th, 2017 to Vancouver Canada. Imagine! It was dispatched last July 17th!!!! Just a week after I went to our local post office. J

Now, I am just waiting for the confirmation of Vancouver Processing Center if they indeed receive my registered mail and if they have delivered it to the physical destination address. But, receiving the complete file from Philpost regarding the delivery time of the package, I am quite relieved and I believe it already reached its destination.

Overall, I now feel relaxed, less stress but of course, still worried not until I finally receive the confirmation from Canada. I am thankful to the Post Master General CEO Office for their quick response and for showing that not all Government officials especially with high positions are doing nothing.

However, until now, the online tracker in Philpost website says “Prepare dispatch to destination country July 15th” LOL. It has never been updated since then. I think even if I am already in Canada, it will be stuck on that status.

I will update you whether I’ve received the confirmation receipt from Vancouver Canada Post but I am now optimistic that perhaps at this exact moment (Aug 9, 2017 5:00pm), my complete application package is somewhere on one of the Immigration officer’s table. J

By the way, here’s a glimpse of the file sent by Philpost:

 


It shows the flight numbers and the flight date which was July 17th from Manila to Vancouver. I searched the format of the flight date, I found the route Manila to Narita Japan (JL 0746), Narita to Vancouver (JL 0018).

So basically, my package arrived in Canada just a week after I sent it via local post office. Quite fast! It’s just that, the notification and online status update of Philpost is not really updated and that is one of their main areas for improvement since that’s the only way that customers could track the status.

Still praying for positive outcomes. This is just the first step of my complete application process. J You may read my other blogs regarding my Canadian Immigration Process for Permanent Residency. J


Cheers! I hope you all find happiness and assurance about your packages sent via Philpost!!!!

Comments

  1. Philpost is really suck, at least u get a reply, my one have totally no news at all. the parcel been delivered to them on 3 Dec, now 18 jan.. still no news.. . very very lousy services.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi do you still have the postmaster general email address? Please help :(( thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment